NOTE - if you are under age 18, your parent or guardian must accept this waiver on your behalf. You MUST read and accept this waiver and agree to abide by the policies stated herein before you can participate in any activities of Ready2Roll Cycling.
Participants may participate in the Ready2Roll Cycling activities at their own risk. Individuals who take prescription medication or have any medical condition for which exercise could pose an excessive risk should not participate without first consulting with their physician.
Ready2Roll Cycling rules include:
• Approved helmets are required at all cycling activities
• The use of headphones or cellphones is prohibited while riding
• Riders must sign in at the beginning and sign out at the end of each ride
• All riders agree to ride safely and courteously and to report unsafe behavior to our Ride Marshals
• All personal belongings are the sole responsibility of said person
• Participation is contingent upon completing the following application and accepting the release and waiver, and is revocable at any time by Ready2Roll Cycling.
1. In consideration of Ready2Roll Cycling’s accepting me as a volunteer or participant, I on behalf of my spouse, heirs, estate, and assigns, expressly agree to, and do, hereby release, hold harmless and waive the liability of Ready2Roll Cycling, and its sponsors and their respective managers, officers, members, employees, representatives and volunteers (hereinafter referred to as “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action of any nature, including, but not limited to, claims for death, injury, illness or property damage arising out of or associated with: (a) my attendance at or participation in any activities of Ready2Roll Cycling; (b) any first aid, medical treatment or assistance provided to me in relation to any injuries that occur as a result of my attendance at or participation in any Ready2Roll Cycling activities; or (c) any food or fluids furnished during my attendance at or participation in any activities of Ready2Roll Cycling ((a)-(c) collectively the “Activities”). THIS RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEATH, INJURY, ILLNESS AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARE CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO, SOLELY OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY OF ANY RELEASED PARTIES OR BY ANY READY2ROLL CYCLING AGENT OR PARTICIPANT.
2. COVID-19 and Other Communicable Diseases. I acknowledge that cases of the disease known as COVID-19, caused by contraction of the novel coronavirus, have been confirmed throughout the United States and that the virus is highly contagious. I acknowledge that participating in the Activities will invariably place me in close proximity with other individuals and in contact with surfaces or areas that may have been handled, touched, or otherwise contacted by other individuals. Due to the nature of the Activities, as well as the participation of the other riders officials, coaches, staff members and spectators (collectively, the “Participants”) I acknowledge that recommended social distancing may not be followed at all times during the Activities and that surfaces and other areas or items with which I may come in contact may not be free of viruses, pathogens or other contaminants, including but not limited to COVID-19. By electing to participate in the Activities, I acknowledge and fully assume all risk that I may be exposed to and contract COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, including as a result of actions or inactions by the Released Parties, other Participants or third parties. By electing to participate in the Activities at any time during 2020, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, representatives, assigns, and any other person acting on my behalf (collectively, the “Releasors”) expressly (i) RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Released Parties and (ii) agree to assume and accept all risk arising from or relating to the Activities, including without limitation, any injury (including, but not limited to, bodily injury, contraction of COVID-19 or any other infectious disease, incapacity or death), IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CAUSE THEREOF, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF ACTIONS OR INACTIONS, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR THE ANY RELEASED PARTY.
3. Representations, Warranties and Covenants. I represent and warrant to Ready2Roll Cycling that during the past 14 days, I have not (i) experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including without limitation, fever, cough, or shortness of breath, (ii) been in contact with anyone with a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19, (iii) visited an area subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice, (iv) been exposed to any person who visited an area subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice in the 14 days preceding the exposure, (v) been informed or otherwise been given reason to believe that I have or may have contracted COVID-19, nor (vi) been informed or otherwise been given reason to believe that I have or may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus. I hereby covenant and agree that if at any time the representations and warranties in this Release cease to be true, I will voluntarily refuse to participate in any Activities.
4. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with participating in Ready2Roll Cycling activities, including the risk of, physical injury or, death or disability as the result of such injury, and I am voluntarily electing to participate in said activities, Specifically I am fully aware that: (a) road cycling is a potentially hazardous experience or activity with varying surface and environmental conditions; (b) weather, road conditions, equipment mishaps, third parties, including, but not limited to, other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicular traffic pose potential dangers for collision, interference, damage and injury; (c) it is reasonable that I should purchase, and I have been advised to purchase, reasonable insurance coverage for property insurance, life insurance, health insurance and disability insurance; (d) it is my responsibility to properly maintain and use my equipment and safety gear and to comply with the rules of Ready2Roll Cycling.
5. I knowingly assume the duty of being aware of the environmental, weather, road and traffic conditions related to the Ready2Roll Cycling activities and agree to adjust my activity to accommodate the conditions that may arise during the Ready2Roll Cycling activities.
6. I recognize that falls and collisions with other cyclists, pedestrians, and vehicles, or as a result of weather or road conditions, do sometime occur and I assume all risks and responsibility for such accidents and injuries.
7. I understand and agree that Ready2Roll Cycling does not provide any security services during its activities and securing my property is my sole responsibility.
8. I understand and agree that on Ready2Roll Cycling training rides:
(a) HELMETS ARE REQUIRED and I agree to wear a helmet while riding
(b) CELLPHONES ARE PROHBITED while riding
(c) HEADPHONES ARE PROHIBITED while riding
9. On behalf of myself, my spouse, heirs, estate, and assigns, if I sustain any damage or injury whatsoever as a result of any my participation in any Ready2Roll Cycling activities, I AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties.
10. I understand and am aware that if i invite unenrolling participants to Ready2Roll Cycling, my enrollment will be terminated.
11. If the parent or guardian of a minor is signing this agreement on behalf of a minor, the parent or guardian hereby indemnifies the Released Parties against any and all claims which may result from the minor’s participation in Ready2Roll Cycling activities.
12. I agree that this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. I further agree that if any court of competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY shall be unenforceable or void for any reason, the unenforceability or void nature of such provision shall not affect the enforceability and binding nature of the remaining provisions of this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY.
13. I hereby grant full permission to use my name, image, photograph, video, digital or other recordings of Ready2RollCycling activities for any purpose. I acknowledge and represent that I have had full opportunity to read this RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY and to ask and have answered questions regarding the foregoing language.